12.8.08

I'm starting to feel generic


I recently changed my email address from Yahoo to Gmail. I feel like doing some new things, and this was small part of it. Imagine my surprise when I kept getting denied for the email addresses that I wanted. The following email addresses are already taken: stephaniemora, stephmora, stefmora, stephanie.mora, steph.mora, stef.mora. That was the last one I checked before I bubbled over with joy when I saw that steff.mora was available.

According to Mau, Mora is as popular a name in the Spanish speaking community as Smith is in the English speaking world. But I can't get over it. I've been a Stonemetz all my life and I've never met anyone randomly that had the same last name. Although in high school there was a girl named Stephanie Steinmetz and I suppose that's close (and strange) enough. Mau has dealt with other people having the same name as him all his life because both Mauricio and Mora are common names. He was even in a college class with another Mauricio Mora and they were put in the same small group to do a project. Weird.

I am officially a Mora Stonemetz, so the Stonemetz name lives on, despite it's dwindling numbers. I guess the Stonemetz men ended up having all girls, and it's kind of sad to see the name dying. I don't have anyone to pass the name on to at this point except Lucy - but she will most likely not outlive me, and alas, she is also a female, so she would end up taking on a different name anyway (ha).

No comments: